LASReviews Weekly Blog Challenge: New Tricks

LASReviews Weekly Blog Challenge: New Tricks

For the whole of my life I’ve felt I needed to have a hobby. When I was younger, I tried lots. Sewing, crafting, knitting, collecting spoons. I tried my hand at crochet, cross stitch, scrapbooking too. None of those ever stuck with me beside sewing, which really is just the occasional stitch here and there.

Of course, there are the books I read. My house and Ereader is bursting with those. Thanks to Bookbub’s daily deals email, I probably have more ebooks than I could ever read in a year. I have old books too. Research material for writing historicals, of course. I’d love to have more, of course, but soooo expensive.

Hang on.

I do have a hobby after all. My hobby is actually book collecting!

Woo hoo!

LOL I have a sneaking suspicion that one is never going to be given up too.

Do you have a hobby and for how long?

Also, I still have those spoons somewhere about the house.

Each Wednesday, Long and Short Reviews hosts a weekly challenge for authors, reviewers and bookish folks to share via a blog hop with others. You can find the current weeks participants here and if you want to participate in the hop and post from your blog, details of the challenge can be found here too.

10 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
dixiejackson
1 year ago

I had an aunt who collected thimbles. I always look forward to seeing what’s in the Bookbub email each day. Always a treat! Keep collecting the books. 🙂

Judy Thomas (@JudyT)
1 year ago

Thanks for coming by earlier. I tried collecting spoons as well…they ended up in a drawer collecting dust. I’ve passed them on to other people now!

Alexa-Not Echo
1 year ago

I love collecting older-bound books! I have a super old copy of Ian Flemmings’ “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service”. Amazon Prime gives an ebook away free each month, sometimes two, via Kindle First Reads. You don’t even need a Kindle eReader, you can get the Kindle app.
My WWBC was on gaming. I’m committing more time and effort this year to be better and to find more games that I enjoy.

Cathryn Hein
1 year ago

Oh gawd yes on the Bookbub deals doing bad things to our reading piles. I bought two books this morning that I absolutely DO NOT need but couldn’t resist, and now I’m about to order a paperback that’s taken my fancy.
Much nicer to call it a book collecting hobby than an uncontrollable compulsion.

Marianne
Marianne
1 year ago

I used to be more of a collector of things before I got married, but my husband is a minimalist, so between that and a cross-country move, I divested myself of most. Thanks to eReaders, though, I can still collect books without collecting dust! 😀

lydiaschoch
1 year ago

Heh, collecting books is a great hobby.

My post.