It’s been a while

Thank heavens January is over. The month of my birth used to be such a mellow month but I think that might have ended with my childhood and its taken until now to realise it.  I have been super busy. The new blog at Lady Scribes is going really well, but is kind of time intensive. I haven’t gotten any new writing done but the edits for Pursuit of Pleasure coming along. I love my Giles. Sigh.

Next month I have to write though – there’s a pot at stake. LOL. The lovely Julie Johnstone has proposed a competition within our crit group and the pot is $5 a piece. I’ve got a month to pound out as many words as I can to win!

My only concern is that I dont have much of a plot happening. I haven’t outlined and that is pretty odd for me. We’ll see how it goes. I have a heroine’s first name, I know the setting is a country house, but I haven’t even decided a working title to save the file under.

The holiday was a blast … literally. I went to a shooting range! 22 rifle, Glock,  Magnum. I am Dirty Harriet. LOL. Who knew I could actually hit a target?

Oh, and of course, last but not least, I finaled in a writing contest. Lover in Waiting came third in the historical category of the Silicone Valley RWA Gotcha Contest and I am still spinning after a week of going “oh god, I actually placed”. LOL. Next comp might be the Royal Ascot. I do love the sound of that one!

Have a great week!

12 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Julie Johnstone
11 years ago

A Boyd wip that has not been outlined???? I can’t wait to read this with your fantastic imagination I’m sure it is going to one wild story.

gail
gail
11 years ago

Congratulations on the final, Heather! I’d better get ready to write if I want to win that jackpot. . .

Melissa Dawn Harte
Melissa Dawn Harte
11 years ago

Heather,
My January is usually pretty busy as well, I would love to have a lazy birthday at least once lol. So glad your vacation went wonderful and agian major grats on placing! I’m super excited about our contest too, I’m like Jerrica, I don’t think I’ll win because I am a slow writer sometimes. But I am definitely going to give it my all lol. Lady Scribes is a big hit and it really is because of you, I don’t think I’ve said thank you enough. I do hope your time slows down some so you can take some time for you though, not just for the contest either. Take some you time as well. Have a wonderful first day of Febuary and congrats on the words!

samanthagrace
samanthagrace
11 years ago

LOL. I suppose you can now say you are packing heat, my lovely Aussie friend. Yes, that means carrying a gun, dearie. Perhaps I’m a little nervous about Australia now. 🙂

Congratulations on all you’ve accomplished this month. It has been amazing and love the group blog. If it weren’t for you, it wouldn’t exist.

Can’t wait to compete in the words written contest. You are a day ahead and my clock hasn’t started ticking. Can I distract you today? That may be my only chance of beating you.

Jerrica Knight-Catania
11 years ago

I love heroines who know how to shoot 🙂 Sounds like a lot of fun, Heather! And I’m so excited for our writing challenge. I’m sure I’ll lose, but I’m also sure I’ll write more this month because of it. Good luck with your first shot at pantsing! That’s my method. I would only suggest that you outline as you go so you don’t forget what you wrote. I’ve done that and had to go back and read whole chapters to remember what happened or find an important detail. So now I do a quick summary of each chapter after I write it. Makes life MUCH easier 🙂

Cathryn Brunet
11 years ago

Sounds like you had a lovely break and the Magnum shoot sounds waaaay cool. What fun!

Great news on the comp results, too. All the very best with the Royal Ascot and your writing challenge.

MUST catch up soon!